Oran M. Roberts
United Daughters of the Confederacy®
Houston, Harris County, Texas
Members at last report, 78; new members, 3; deceased members, 1; honorary members, 9; donations to the following: Hector W. Church Scholarship, Randolph Relief Fund, Mrs. Oscar Barthold Scholarship and Indian Relations.
All dues and assessments were sent to Division Treasurer before March 1, 1950.
The Chapter had nine business and historical meetings combined. We held our annual Memorial Service at our Confederate Cemetery, marking 32 Confederate graves, also placing flowers and wreaths and flags.
We had followed the Historian-General's outline. We observed, in February, our 49th Anniversary and we had the honor of having our Division President, Mrs. Coke M. Tilley, also the late Mrs. H. A. Wagner, Division Treasurer; Mrs. John M. Wilcox, Mrs. I. B. McFarland, Mrs. John Lovli and others.
We have 45 subscriptions to the UDC Magazine; three are laced in schools. 23 are new subscriptions. Our Chapter won the prize at the District Meeting held in Galveston for having the most new subscriptions to the magazine.
Thirteen members attended the District Meeting in Galveston and six members attended the Division Convention in Austin.
We gave $14 to Holley Hall, the newly proposed home for the aged.
On Jan. 19th, we observed the Confederate Hero's birthday with a program.
A Cross of Military Service was bestowed on Philip B. Thrash, Mrs. Earl Maughmer, his mother-in-law, received it for him.
One Confederate flag was presented to a junior high school student; one cop of Face of Robert E. Lee  was given to a high school library; a silver loving cup was given to a junior high school student in our Annual Essay Contest, also $5 cash prize.
 Meredith, Roy, The Face of Robert E. Lee in Life and in Legend. (New York, NY: C. Scribner's Sons, 1947).
This webpage was created on 20 Dec 2008 and was last revised on _________
Copyright © 2006, 2008 - All rights reserved
On 12 July 1994 our name "United Daughters of the Confederacy" was officially approved by the Patent Trademark Office of the United States and may not be used without the express written permission of the United Daughters of the Confederacy, 328 North Boulevard, Richmond,
On 26 July 1994 our insignia (logo) was also approved by the Patent Trademark Office of the United States. Therefore they are not to be used without permission and when displayed must have the copyright symbol. As stated in the 1997 UDC Bylaws on page 41, Article 34 Insignia Section 2, a & b.