Oran M. Roberts
United Daughters of the Confederacy®
Houston, Harris County, Texas
Have held 10 meetings historical and regular combined. Sent representatives to Victoria and to the Houston district meetings. Have contributed to the Randolph, Indian Relations and Jefferson Davis Highway. Give 1-day each week to making surgical dressings.
Gave two of Mamie Wynee Cox flag books  to our public libraries. Participated in celebrating Robert E. Lee's birthday with the Robert E. Lee Chapter. Held memorial services April 26th with other Chapters attending.
Have 17 subscriptions to the UDC Magazine with two subscriptions to the 1950 Club. Our dues and subscriptions sent to Division Treasurer before March 1st. Salvaged and disposed of various articles for charity. Gave Confederate Museum at Austin a copy of the Muster Roll for the 4th Alabama Regiment  by Mrs. Earl Maughmer; also an old letter written by a Confederate soldier.
Opened all meetings with the UDC Ritual, salute to the US, Texas and Confederate flags. Closed our meetings by signing Dixie.
We have a Penny March to make gifts o the Chapter "shut-ins" such as candy, cards, subscriptions to the UDC Magazine. We sold tickets to the Spring Flower Show and made a small percentage, which was added to the penny collections.
In the Texas City Disaster, we donated $5. Six members worked San Jacinto Day for the Red Cross sorting and folding clothing. One member worked all day at one big grocery store collecting donations. In all, 33 hours for the Red Cross. Members gave $21.50 and the chapter gave $250. These donations were to the Cancer Research and to furnish a room in the hospital for cancer patients honoring the Confederate Soldiers. Held a rummage sale.
 Cox, Mamie Wynne, The Romantic Flags of Texas. (Dallas, TX: Upshaw & Co., 1936) [Houston Public Library Catalog: 929.9 C877 - two copies - Texas Room & Central Library]
 This item is now located in The Texas Confederate Museum Collection at the Haley Memorial Library History Center in Midland, Texas.
This webpage was created on 10 Nov 2008 and was last revised on _________
Copyright © 2006, 2008 - All rights reserved
On 12 July 1994 our name "United Daughters of the Confederacy" was officially approved by the Patent Trademark Office of the United States and may not be used without the express written permission of the United Daughters of the Confederacy, 328 North Boulevard, Richmond,
On 26 July 1994 our insignia (logo) was also approved by the Patent Trademark Office of the United States. Therefore they are not to be used without permission and when displayed must have the copyright symbol. As stated in the 1997 UDC Bylaws on page 41, Article 34 Insignia Section 2, a & b.