Watson Branch is located near the Milam-Lee county line, about 9-miles southeast of Thorndale in southern Milam County.
In 1903 Watson Branch had a one-teacher school with 58 students. The school was consolidated with the Thorndale Independent School District in 1950. A community hall marked the location of Watson Branch on county highway maps in the 1980s.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956); Milam County Heritage Preservation Soc., Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984); Handbook of Texas On-Line
Created on 15 Feb 2001 and last revised on 4 March 2003.