Walker's Creek is a small rural community located in north central Milam County, about 5-miles northeast of Cameron near Farm Road 485.
It was named for William Henry Walker, who received a land grant in 1834 on what became known as Walker's Creek.
A Baptist church was organized at Walker's Creek in 1882; W. G. Glazner was pastor. In 1903 the community had a two-teacher school with 87 students. A school, a church, and a few scattered houses were shown in the area on county highway maps in the 1940s; a church, a community hall, and a cemetery were at the site in the 1980s. No population estimates for Walker's Creek were available.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956); Milam County Heritage Preservation Soc., Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984); Handbook of Texas On-Line
Created on 15 Feb 2001 and last revised on 4 March 2003.