Star TXGenWeb Project Star USGenWeb Project Star


Milam County, Texas - Historical Markers

[Barbwire]

Sharp Presbyterian Church



[Click Above to See Full Size Image]

Photograph by Milam County Deputy Sheriff Greg Kouba &
Milam County Deputy Sheriff Reese Lockett - 27 July 2003

Marker TitleSharp Presbyterian Church
Address.
LocationFR 487 approx. 14 miles west of Rockdale; from MCR 407, 4 miles east on FR 487
CitySharp
Year Marker Erected1988
DesignationsRecorded Texas Historic Landmark
Text on MarkerThis church traces its history to 1872, when the Mt. Herman Cumberland Presbyterian Church was founded. It was divided into the Davilla and Leachville congregations in 1893. The Leachville church was renamed Sharp in 1902, the same year this structure was built. The vernacular church building, exhibiting influences of the Italianate style of architecture, features a truncated tower, window hoods, and horizontal milled siding. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1988
SourceTexas Historical Commission's Texas Historic Sites Atlas Database - July 2003

[Barbwire]

BACK to Milam County Historical Markers

BACK to Milam County TXGenWeb Page

Created on 27 July 2003 and last revised on 23 Apr 2004.