Photograph by Milam County Deputy Sheriff Greg Kouba &
Milam County Deputy Sheriff Reese Lockett - 27 July 2003
|Marker Title||Friendship Methodist Church|
|Location||from Rogers south on FR 487 10 miles to FM 1915 approx. 4.2 miles in front of church|
|Year Marker Erected||1992|
|Text on Marker||As early as the 1870s, Methodist worship services for pioneers of the Friendship community were conducted by circuit riders in a one-room schoolhouse (.25 mi. W). Land for the present church site and cemetery was deeded in 1884 by E. W. Graham, and a sanctuary was built here soon after. The site of many early revivals, the Friendship Methodist Church has served as a focal point of the surrounding rural community. Traditional services for the congregation, including a Memorial Day observance in June and a Thanksgiving celebration, now serve as homecoming events.|
|Source||Texas Historical Commission's Texas Historic Sites Atlas Database - July 2003|
Created on 27 July 2003 and last revised on 21 Apr 2004.