Photograph by Milam County Deputy Sheriff Greg Kouba &
Milam County Deputy Sheriff Reese Lockett - 25 July 2003
|Marker Title||Steamboat Washington Landed Here|
|Location||US 190/77, 1.5 miles from Cameron|
|Year Marker Erected||1936|
|Text on Marker||In the winter of 1850-1851 with Captain Basil M. Hatfield, commander, the Steamboat Washington Landed here with a shipment of merchandise from Washington-on-the-Brazos to J. W. McCown and co., merchants at Cameron. The first, last and only steamboat to navigate Little River.|
|Source||Texas Historical Commission's Texas Historic Sites Atlas Database - July 2003|
Created on 27 July 2003 and last revised on 21 Apr 2004.