Star TXGenWeb Project Star USGenWeb Project Star


Milam County, Texas - Historical Markers

[Barbwire]

All Saints Episcopal Church



[Click Here to See Full Size Image]

Photograph by Milam County Deputy Sheriff Greg Kouba &
Milam County Deputy Sheriff Reese Lockett - 25 July 2003

Marker TitleAll Saints Episcopal Church
Address200 N. Travis Ave.
Location1 block off US 190 on right-hand side of road
CityCamerion
Year Marker Erected1987
DesignationsRecorded Texas Historic Landmark
Text on MarkerEpiscopal worship services were held in Cameron as early as 1860, though All Saints Episcopal Church was not organized as a mission until 1901. The Diocese of Texas purchased this property from A. J. and Jennie Dossett in 1906. This structure was completed in 1907 and consecrated by Bishop George H. Kinsolving on November 3. The one-story wooden church is built in a T-plan and features a protruding central entry tower and a rear palladian window over the altar. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1987
SourceTexas Historical Commission's Texas Historic Sites Atlas Database - July 2003

[Barbwire]

BACK to Milam County Historical Markers

BACK to Milam County TXGenWeb Page

Created on 26 July 2003 and last revised on 20 Apr 2004.