Smyrna was located about 4-miles east of Milano in eastern Milam County.
It took its name from the Biblical city.
Smyrna had three one-teacher schools for 63 students in 1903. By the 1940s no evidence of the community appeared on county highway maps.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956); Milam County Heritage Preservation Soc., Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984); Handbook of Texas On-Line
Created on 15 Feb 2001 and last revised on 4 March 2003.