Sipe Springs was a rural school community located about 6-miles southeast of Rockdale in southeastern Milam County.
It was named for some nearby natural springs.
In 1903 Sipe Springs had a two-teacher school with 63 students. The school was consolidated with the Milano Independent School District in 1931, and by 1941 there was no evidence of the community on county highway maps.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956); Milam County Heritage Preservation Soc., Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984); Handbook of Texas On-Line
Created on 15 Feb 2001 and last revised on 4 March 2003.