Six Mile was located about 8-miles southeast of Milano in eastern Milam County.
It took its name from nearby Sixmile Creek.
In 1903 the community had a one-teacher school for 13 white students and a one-teacher school for 29 black students. By the 1940s no evidence of the community appeared on county highway maps.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956); Milam County Heritage Preservation Soc., Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984); Handbook of Texas On-Line
Created on 15 Feb 2001 and last revised on 4 March 2003.