Silver City is located on Farm Road 485, about 4-miles northeast of Cameron in north central Milam County.
At one point in the community's history the only telephone was located on the porch of a store run by Tom Hamilton. A person making a call paid for it by placing fifteen cents in a box over the phone. Silver City had a population of 25 in 1988 and 1990.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956); Milam County Heritage Preservation Soc., Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984); Handbook of Texas On-Line
Created on 15 Feb 2001 and last revised on 4 March 2003.