New Clarkson is located 2-miles east of Farm Road 1445 and eleven miles northeast of Cameron in northern Milam County.
In the early 1940s it consisted of a school, a church, two businesses, and several scattered residences. A business marked the community on the 1988 county highway map, but no population estimates were available.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956); Milam County Heritage Preservation Soc., Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984); Margaret Eleanor Lengert, "The History of Milam County" (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1949); Handbook of Texas On-Line
Created on 15 Feb 2001 and last revised on 4 March 2003.