Leachville was located 2-miles west of Tracy in west central Milam County.
A post office was in operation from 1879 until 1883, when the service was moved to Lilac. The Leachville Common School District was established in 1889, and the community had a Presbyterian church from 1893 to 1902. The Leachville school had two teachers and 70 students in 1903. The community did not appear on county highway maps in the 1940s.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956); Milam County Heritage Preservation Soc., Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984); Handbook of Texas On-Line
Created on 15 Feb 2001 and last revised on 4 March 2003.