Harmony, also known as Harmony Church, is located just east of Farm Road 908, about 4-miles southeast of Rockdale in southern Milam County.
Children in the area attended school at New Salem until the New Salem district was consolidated with the Rockdale Independent School District in 1954. Only a cemetery and a few scattered houses marked the Harmony community on county maps in the 1960s.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956); Milam County Heritage Preservation Soc., Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984); Handbook of Texas On-Line
Created on 15 Feb 2001 and last revised on 4 March 2003.