Fuchs, also called Fox, was a school and church community located near Farm Road 1915, about 5-miles north of Buckholts in northwestern Milam County.
It was named for the Fuchs family, who moved to the area in 1898. The community school was consolidated with the Buckholts school district in 1941.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956); Milam County Heritage Preservation Soc., Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984); Handbook of Texas On-Line
Created on 15 Feb 2001 and last revised on 4 March 2003.