Ellison Ridge was located near Farm Road 486, about 4-miles northeast of Thorndale in southwestern Milam County.
It was named for R. Ellison and had a one-teacher school with 28 white students and a one-teacher school with 44 black students in 1903. A school and a few scattered houses were shown at the site on county highway maps in 1941. The Ellison Ridge schools were consolidated with the Thorndale Independent School District in 1946. By 1988 no evidence of the community appeared on county highway maps.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956); Milam County Heritage Preservation Soc., Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984); Handbook of Texas On-Line
Created on 15 Feb 2001 and last revised on 4 March 2003.