Curry was located about 3-miles northeast of Cameron in northern Milam County.
In 1903 it had a one-teacher school with 42 white students and a one-teacher school with 18 black students. The community did not appear on county highway maps in 1941.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956); Milam County Heritage Preservation Soc., Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984); Handbook of Texas On-Line
Created on 15 Feb 2001 and last revised on 4 March 2003.