Corinth is located on Farm Road 1915, about 10-miles west of Cameron in western Milam County.
It was settled by Czechs and Germans in 1847 and was named for the biblical city of Corinth, Greece. Corinth served as the judicial seat of Precinct Six until 1892, when the office of the justice of the peace was moved to Buckholts.
The school at Corinth had two teachers and 97 students in 1903. The 1941 county highway map showed a cemetery, a school, and several scattered houses at the site. The local school was consolidated with the Buckholts district in 1950. Only a cemetery marked the community's location on the 1988 county highway map.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956); Milam County Heritage Preservation Soc., Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984); Handbook of Texas On-Line
Created on 15 Feb 2001 and last revised on 4 March 2003.