Clarkson is located on Farm Road 1445, about 9-miles northeast of Cameron in northern Milam County.
A post office operated there from 1889 to 1906. In 1903 the community had a one-teacher school for 43 white students and a two-teacher school for 105 black students. Clarkson had a population of 50 in the 1940s, and the schools were consolidated with the Cameron Independent School District by the early 1950s. Clarkson had ten residents in 1990.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956); Milam County Heritage Preservation Soc., Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984); Handbook of Texas On-Line
Created on 15 Feb 2001 and last revised on 4 March 2003.