Caddo (aka Caddo Springs) was a farming community on Farm Road 2027 located about 2-miles northwest of Baileyville in northern Milam County.
It was supposedly named for an Indian campground. Area schools were part of the Baileyville system until the early 1970s, when they were consolidated with the Rosebud Independent School District in Falls County.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956); Milam County Heritage Preservation Soc., Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984); Handbook of Texas On-Line
Created on 15 Feb 2001 and last revised on 4 March 2003.