Briary (Briary Church) was located about 13-miles northeast of Cameron in northern Milam County.
It was named for nearby Big Briary Creek. Two churches, a school, and several businesses and houses marked its location on county highway maps in the 1940s.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956); Milam County Heritage Preservation Soc., Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984); Handbook of Texas On-Line
Created on 15 Feb 2001 and last revised on 2 Dec 2006.